design * home* creative people* gardens* food * finds

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Seattle and the San Juan Islands

Springtime at Seattle's Pike Place Market
Looking back at some photos of a trip to Seattle and the San Juan Islands,
leaves me wanting to return. It was my first visit to the Northwest, and as I look at the pictures I am struck by just how beautiful it is.  If I had known then that I would be blogging, I would have taken better photos.


Seattle skyline with Mt. Olympus in the background



Not to be missed - the Japanese Gardens





Looking out from Orcas Island

These nonchalant residents didn't seem
to mind posing for my camera

Cascade Falls in Moran State Park



Harbor view from the B & B
Lovely rows of daffodils blooming just in 
time for Easter


There is so much more to the islands than these
few pictures show, but at least you have a hint of
what is in store for you if you head for the San Juans.


No comments:

Post a Comment