design * home* creative people* gardens* food * finds

Friday, October 21, 2011

Images of Autumn

Fall is my favorite time of the year. The color of pumpkins, cooler temperatures and the anticipation of the upcoming holidays fill the air. Once again, I can hear the Friday night sounds of high school bands playing at the nearby football field.
I haven't spotted any fall color, except for a few leaves on a Japanese maple, so I have added one picture that I took while in Asheville, N.C.  It wasn't the peak of the season, but I'm sure you can tell which of these pictures is not like the others.







Every year the front lawn at Tarrytown United Methodist turns bright orange for the annual pumpkin sale. I think it must be the biggest pumpkin patch in town.




                               
                     


          
These are better than any candy apples I remember




No comments:

Post a Comment