design * home* creative people* gardens* food * finds

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Channeling Nate

You know how there is always a room in your house that just doesn't work for you?  Well, my den is a perfect example, and I've decided to finally do something about it. Looking at the space, I realize that it is simply a collection of everything that didn't fit somewhere else. Time to start fresh with a plan. 

In my fantasy world I would just call up my close personal friend, Nate Berkus, and have him fly down and transform my room.  Where are you Nate when I need you? Oh, you are working on Oprah's house in Hawaii. Guess I will have to go it alone. 

                                            Here is the den as it is-my "before" shot.



I have lots of ideas and am slowly putting them together. The problem is paring down when there are so many things that I love. Here is my digital design board, with some of the elements that may or may not make the final cut.





These are the basics, but it will be months before all of this will be completed.
Better to let the room evolve slowly. Did I actually say that? I'm always impatient when it comes to finishing a project. 

I like the idea of carrying the neutrals I have in the front room into the den. The red plaid club chair will be slipcovered in a brown linen, and the armchairs that were in the front room should be fine with the white slipcovered sofa and the dark cocktail table. It's musical chairs around here.

Haven't made up my mind yet about layering the zebra skin over the jute rug. I really like it in the entry room where it is now.  The cocktail table is a dark mahogany with turned legs that will work well with my other tables. Oh, the possibilities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment