design * home* creative people* gardens* food * finds

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blame it on the Heat

Yes, I've been procrastinating with this month's post. With temperatures reaching the triple digits, I find it difficult to summon the energy or enthusiasm for anything that requires being outdoors. Honestly, this time of year I would rather be anywhere but Austin.

It boggles my mind when I see runners streaking by in the middle of the afternoon. I wonder how they can tolerate the heat, or if it has affected their brains. Simply keeping my plants and lawn alive with morning and evening watering while fighting mosquitos leaves me wilted.

As if things are not toasty enough,there is the annual Hot Sauce Festival (held outdoors, of course), and the Hatch Chile Festival, not to mention the various chile cook-offs held around Austin. One can only imagine how unbearable it must be, standing over an open grill stirring an enormous pot of chili. I don't care if it IS under a tent - hot is hot!  


I think the only way to survive summer here is to hibernate as much as possible.

Welcome to the dog days of summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment